Sunday, January 9, 2011

Knit Picks Catalog and Handspun Yarn





Looky! It's the Knit Picks catalog that arrived in the mail a few days ago. Husband didn't mention that it showed up, so I didn't notice it for a couple days. When I found it in amongst the other junk mail, I immediately seized it and tore through it looking for my pattern.















And look! Here it is! It's stuck in amongst a bunch of other sock patterns, but it's there! I wonder if I'll actually sell some more patterns on Knitpicks on account of the catalog. Last time I checked, I'd only sold 6 patterns, which puts me nowhere near overtaking my advance amount. Sigh...


And here are some photos of my handspun yarns. I hand dyed all of the fibers with my friend Toni. My favorite is the first one. It was spun from a merino roving dyed with Jacquard acid dyes. The lovely purples didn't photograph very well. The second photo was spun from a sheep's wool batting from my friend Jenny's sheep. Toni and I dyed some of it green, so I spun the green and plied it with a strand of spun fiber that was not dyed. The third is an example of kool-aid dyed fiber that I later spun.

No comments:

Post a Comment