Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My First Derby Bout - BHRG Code Blue Assassins vs. St. Chux Derby Chix

Saturday, May 7 was my very first derby bout. It was the Bleeding Heartland Code Blue Assassins against the St. Chux Derby Chix in St. Charles, MO. After a difficult battle, St. Chux won with a score of 129 to 93. Despite the loss, it was amazing, and I can't wait to do it again.

Because I'm a gear geek, I would like to point out that I have now switched over exclusively (for the time being) to Heartless wheels. I have them in a variety of colors/hardnesses so that I can skate on any floor. For this bout I wore yellow (chaser 92) as my pusher wheels and red (breaker 94) for my other wheels. It worked really well for the sport court floor that St. Chux had.

Photos below are by Jeff Higgins http://www.iaremoron.com/jeffhphoto/20110507/







Well, except for this photo. I took this one myself. My wrist guard gave me an interesting bruise. Otherwise, I escaped relatively unscathed from my first bout.

No comments:

Post a Comment