Sunday, November 15, 2015

Organizing Nail Polish and Jewelry!

I've been going through an organization spree lately. I've also been getting rid of a lot of stuff. Some of the inspiration comes from reading "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing". I think the author is a bit loony, but she does have some good thought exercises, I just sent 6 boxes of stuff to Goodwill and I've been organizing my stuff better.

One of my purchases from Amazon (actually is was a birthday gift from my husband) was a gorgeous nail polish rack that hangs on the wall. It stores my nail polishes in an aesthetically pleasing way, AND it makes them easily available. I can see what all I have and easily select what I want to wear.


Here's a close-up of what the nail polish looks like on the racks. It's very spacious. The racks are large enough to even store shot glasses. It would look really cute next to a bar displaying someone's collection


I also recently purchased wall storage for my jewelry (also from Amazon). The same logic applies - aesthetically appealing way to display and organize. It makes it so much easier to pick things out.


One tricky thing about this is that I didn't have enough chains to hang all of my pendants. I came up with a great solution. I pulled out my jewelry supplies, and using a chain, a large ring, some jump rings, and some lobster claw clasps, I created this:


All of my pendants can hang up on the jewelry rack, and they can each be easily detached to be strung on a chain and worn. I had so many pendants that I had to make multiples.

I'm not sure, but I got this idea from seeing it somewhere on the web. I don't remember where, so I can't credit them.

Here's a close-up of one of the pendants showing how easy it is to unclasp the lobster claw to remove it. 


I'll keep trying to come up with creative ways to store things. Please feel free to share your fun storage and organization projects and ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment